8-Day Ignatian Spiritual Exercises: Women's Silent Retreat
Time & Location
About The Event
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
The Spiritual Exercises are silent retreats based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Following the original format of the Ignatian retreat, the Spiritual Exercises take you through a profound experience of getting to know Christ. You will see Him with new eyes through a fresh reading of the Scriptures and through a golden silence which weeds out distractions so as to help you discern God’s voice in your soul. The Spiritual Exercises have been called a "school of prayer and school of discernment".
Pope Francis tells us, "The journey of life is precisely this: journeying in order to meet Jesus."
Each day you will meet with a spiritual director and have the opportunity to participate in the celebration of the Eucharist, worship in Eucharistic adoration, enjoy the serenity of the FCJ Centre's grounds and delicious meals, and spend time in silent prayer and reflection.
Retreat Director: Fr. Kenneth LeBlanc, LC
Registration is required. Registration will close when full or on February 22, so don’t wait until the last minute!
The FCJ Retreat & Conference Center is an oasis in the Heart of Calgary where God feels very present both in the building and the surrounding landscape. At the FCJ Center, you will have a private room and bathroom. The facility is well heated and not to mention the grounds and views are breathtaking!
Some consideration for your retreat:
- FCJ Centre is located at 219 - 19th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2S 0C8.
- Check-in is 4:00 PM on March 18. Opening Mass is scheduled for 5:00 PM. The retreat concludes Thursday morning (March 25).
- The cost is $825.00, which will be refundable if the Alberta Health Services (AHS) restrictions are still in effect.
- After each spiritual talk, a time of personal meditation is scheduled. Since it is encouraged to attend an Ignatian retreat annually, every year a new set of Ignatian talks are presented.
- Other important elements of this retreat are the reverent celebration of the Holy Mass, Solemn Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction, visits to the Blessed Sacrament. Besides offering the Sacrament of Confession, Fr. Kenneth LeBlanc, LC will be available to meet individually throughout the retreat. This is another helpful tool to making your retreat more fruitful.
- Please bring your Bible, Rosary, pen, and notebook, as well as toiletries.
- Silence throughout the retreat is an expressed stipulation of St. Ignatius. You will find that the external silence helps to create an environment of recollection and devotion that allows God to do great works within your soul. Retreatants are expected to follow the schedule of the retreat.
- All meals and private room and suite included.
- The FCJ Center is able to accommodate special dietary needs.
- Registration$825$825Sold Out